Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Influence of Social Networking on YOU!

Using social networks is becoming an everyday activity that we do not typically think twice about. In lecture we discussed how influential we are to others in our social network, and how influenced we are by others. It was said, who you know affects what you know. I can think of a specific instance with this because I am exposed to various websites and numerous people through the people that I know.

My friend Katie sent me a request to add a webpage to my Facebook and by doing so she exposed me to the information on the website along with the other Facebook users that visit the same website. Anything that I contribute to that website others see and now have the knowledge that I have shared. The people that I communicate with or at minimum are just exposed to, affect what I know because they can talk about a certain topic on the website, and then I am informed about that topic.

Information, attitudes, and behaviors are also transferred through a social networking technology. Anyone can express information, and through that you might be able to see their attitude towards a topic, and also if they take action; We are influenced by it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment